Saturday, June 21, 2008

Announcing Clayton Jude Iles

Clayton Jude Iles
Birthday: Wednesday, June 18
Time: 11:14 p.m.
Weight: 8 lbs.
Length: 19 inches


Jude is here! Shocking as it may seem since I'm not due for 3 more weeks! I went into labor on Wednesday around 4:30 p.m. I didn't know what to expect because I was induced with Noah. I called my mom and she said, "I think you're in labor!". I wasn't having bad contractions, but they were coming very evenly, about every 5 minutes with increasing intensity. I called my doctor and he suggested I come into Maternal Observation. I called Clay at work and he came home. I was packing bags and flat-ironing my hair. I wanted to look good for Jude's big debut. We threw everything in the car, dropped Noah off at Jason and Melissa's house, and headed to the hospital. We got there around 6:15 and got into a room. My water broke soon after arriving and the nurses said, "You aren't going home. You're about to have a baby!". I was admitted to Labor and Delivery at 7:08 p.m. and received that wondeful Epidural at 7:50 p.m. I was dialated to a 3 at 8:45 p.m. and by 10:34 p.m., I was at a 9! Ten minutes later I was fully dialated and ready to push. I started pushing at 10:51 p.m. on every other contraction. I pushed with a total of 6 contractions and Jude was born at 11:14 p.m. My doctor barely made it into the room to deliver him!
Jude is absolutely perfect and healthy in every way. We are enjoying him so much. I will be posting more pictures in the days to come, as we are awfully busy enjoying both of our boys!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jude,

You are so very beautiful and such a sweet baby too! I arrived around 2:00 am and by that time you were already looking around and trying to take everything in. What a calm little baby you are. You just eat and sleep and hardly ever cry. Three beautiful grand babies. How blessed me and your Pops are and everyone else that loves you so much!! Welcome to our family Jude!!

Love,
Grammie

MizzBlackmon said...

Congrats Robin and Clay!! I'm so happy for you that lil' Jude made his appearance early and healthy. I can't wait until we can welcome our bouncing boy to the world!

Amanda said...

We are so happy you are here, Jude! I cannot wait to hold you Thursday!!

Love,

Aunt Amanda

Jenny Frugé said...

Baby Jude,

We are thrilled to have you with us at last! We have anxiously awaited your arrival. I am so grateful that you and Mommy had such a wonderful delivery. I am so looking forward to meeting you soon!

With love,
Jen

C.T. said...

Little Jude,

I'm so glad for you to be here :] I hate that we couldn't stay longer in Fort Worth to visit you but I absolutely cannot wait until the next time I see you!! I love you so much and you're the most beautiful second nephew I've ever seen!

Love,
Aunt Kaykie

Anonymous said...

Jude-

I enjoyed visiting and holding you this past weekend. You are just like your big brother and cousin-perfect in every way. I love you, Noah, Carson and your families very much and can't wait to see you soon.

Love-Pops-