Friday, October 24, 2008

weigh in and stings

Just wanted everyone to know the size of our linebacker. Jude measured in at 18 lbs. and 25 1/2 inches at his 4 month check-up! WOW! He's on the all-clear to start solids, so we may start rice cereal soon!

Also, a quick story... Clay was off on Monday (because he worked on Saturday), so we decided to take Noah some place fun for the day. Well, Jude too, but you know he doesn't quite appreciate it like Noah does, so anyway... We started off by attempting to go to the Cowgirl Museum. All of the exhibits from the Fort Worth Museum of Science and History are located at the Cowgirl Museum because of renovations to the history museum. We got everybody loaded up in the doubler stroller, paid up and were ready to explore. However, the exhibits were shut down for an art show and we were told they wouldn't be back up and running for a couple of weeks. We decided to enact Plan B and took the boys to the park. Noah had a great time climbing ladders and sliding. Then all of sudden he started crying. I peered into the opening of the slide and there appeared to be a bee on his hand. I was scared to death, didn't know what to do, and just screamed, "Clay!". I'm afraid of any stinging insect, so I panicked. Clay threw Jude in my arms and hit the "bee" with his hat. It turned out to be a yellow jacket and that mean thing stung my baby's hand! We quickly went to CVS and made sure we didn't need to give him any Benadryl. We then took the boys to Chik-Fil-A for lunch. I usually don't get him ice-cream, but I figured he deserved it for his traumatic experience at the park. Now, several days later, he just looks at his hand and says, "bee?". I guess everybody has to have their first experience with stings.

I remember my sister, KK, had her first bee sting (or was it a wasp?) and came into the house telling us all that the insect said, "Hey KK and then it bit me". We've told that story for years. My first sting happened when I was in first grade. It was a Sunday afternoon and my dad was taking me to play over at Sarah Nelson's house. We went to get into his old blue Ford truck, I lifted the handle and a wasp was waiting for me. I didn't like that sting then and I don't like them now. In fact on Tuesday I only pumped half a tank of gas because there were bees swarming the trash can by the pump and I was terrified!

What's your "sting story"?

1 comment:

Michael, Meg & Naomi said...

Poor Noah! He's had a tough time the last week. First the bee sting, then the light post. I'm with you! I HATE any type of stings and FREAK OUT when I see anything that could sting!