Monday, April 06, 2009

spring break

Okay, so Spring Break was back several weeks ago- in mid-March, but I still thought I'd share with you what we were up to....
We said good-bye to our dear friends, Jason and Melissa, who moved to our home-state of Louisiana. They will be working at Louisiana College. We're jealous of Clint, Amanda, Jack and Terry who all live so close to them now. Noah and Jude really miss their MeMe and JJ :(
Noah and Jude saying goodbye the night before moving day.
The boys and I went to Louisiana to visit our families during Spring Break because Clay was in Illinois preaching a revival for one of his seminary classes.
Noah and Jude riding the tractor with PaPa

Noah and PaPa enjoying a fire
(By the way, Noah loves building "fires" at our house now too. He puts pencil colors in a colander and "lights" the "fire" with a marker which he pretends to flick like a lighter. So cute!)

Although I neglected to take pictures of the boys with their Dee (sorry Mrs. DeDe!) we had a fabulous time with her as well. She took great care of us and fed us very well! We also got to visit with MeMe Iles, the Glasers, the Campbells, and a Sunday visit with Terry, Clint, Amanda, and Jack!
After visiting the Iles' we headed on over to visit my family in DeQuincy.
Pops greeted us at the door and both boys lept into his arms

Noah immediately wanted to ride the 4-wheeler. He and Pops have a great time outside together.


Dad treated me by cooking Crawfish Etoufee' and Steak, rice, and gravy during my visit. I felt just a little bit spoiled.

Noah and Carson enjoyed quite a few popsicles together. They are such good buddies!
Grammie, the boys and I had a fun day at the park on the last day of my visit. We enjoyed a game of baseball in the park, playing on the slides, a Dollar Store run, and eating lunch at A.J.'s Cafe- yum, yum! I got a fried-shrimp poboy so I could get in some more Louisiana eating before going back to the no-seafood land of Fort Worth.

Grammie helped Jude slide down the slide for the first time.

Jude loved his first play day at the park.


Jude loves giving kisses to his Uncle Landon.
On Wednesday afternoon we had Carson, Noah and Jude's picture taken. Stacy Buxton Mitchell was brave enough to take on our 3 little ones at a park in DeQuincy. The pictures turned out great! I'll post them when my CD arrives in the mail (KK!)

We enjoyed eating dinner with the Schreves and Mallards our first night in town. We were also able to visit several times with Nana. Aunt Kay came over to visit on our last evening and was sweet to give Noah a bath. He still talks about "Kay" and the great time they had together.
Thursday morning we left early and made our way back to Fort Worth. I was crazy enough to think that I could manage to find the airport, park, and get two kids into the airport to pick up Clay on time. What was I thinking? The Tom-Tom does not give precise directions to the DFW Airport. Imagine that? It decided to lead me to the corporate offices. How helpful. Well we did actually make it on time. However, the plane arrived early and never gave the correct gate information. So, the boys and I (weary from traveling for 7 hours) parked in the first terminal and walked, and walked, and walked...and finally gave up. We sat for a while and I changed Jude's diaper and clothes. We then started our journey again. Jude ended up on my hip while Noah was in the stroller. A man took one look at me and said, "I really admire you". I was thinking "I don't!". We called Clay and he was still waiting on his bags, so we toughed it out and finished the last leg of the hike to the Baggage Claim. I was so relieved to see my tall husband in the crowd. It seemed so much easier to get back to the car even with Clay's big suitcase and carry on added to the bunch. Did I mention that Noah also had a poopy diaper all this time and I mistakenly left his diaper and change of clothes in the car back in Tin-Buck-Two? We decided it would be best to stop and get ice-cream on the way home. I've decided when Clay goes to Mali this May, I will not be picking him up at the airport when he arrives home. We'll look forward to him arriving on our front door step!

No comments: