Wednesday, April 14, 2010

sweet guests

At the end of March we enjoyed 3 separate visits from our families. First, my mom, sister, brother, and 2 nephews came for a couple of days. Then Clay's dad, my 84 year young Nana, and Clay's 75 year young MeMe, came and doted on us. A few days later, Mrs. DeDe came to stay with us. It was a busy time, but it was so nice to have family come spend time with us during Clay's crazy semester. Here are a few pictures from the 3 visits:
Visit from Grammie, Kaykie, Uncle Landon, Carson, and Grant:
We had not seen Grant since he was a few days old. He was so much to hold! I could never tire of tickling those sweet little thighs.
Clay is such a good dad and uncle. I always want my boys out of the kitchen (unless we are cooking something kid-friendly and I have planned ahead :) However, he lets them dig in and get messy. He let them spread butter on the foil before he put the veggies on for grilling. We ate yummy fajitas that night!!

Landon isn't such a bad uncle himself. He let the boys climb all over him on the floor with very little protesting :) Watch out Landon: Soon there will be 5 boys climbing on your back!

Watching Noah with Grant made me look forward to little Luke joining our family. Now Jude on the other hand...

I took this shot multiple times. The last time I took it, I asked them to hide their you-know-whats. They took me very literally :)


The morning they left we enjoyed a pancake breakfast courtesy of Clay.
I promise my mom and sister were also there, although they made no appearances in the pictures. We did make an outing to the Fort Worth Museum of Science and History, but sadly I forgot my camera. Story of my life.
Visit from PaPa, Nana, and MeMe:
PaPa and Noah going on a bike ride
The grandmas enjoyed watching the boys enjoy the beautiful Spring weather.

One day we visited the Stockyards and watched the cattle drive. Jude's favorite animal is the cow right now, so he was very pleased. We then enjoyed a yummy lunch at Joe T. Garcia's.

our family outside the Seminary Cafe where we enjoyed a breakfast together
On our last evening together Clay had to go to night class. I knew I had a lot to do to get the boys bathed and in bed and get the kitchen cleaned up, but I also wanted to visit with our sweet guests. No problem. Those sweet ladies cleaned the kitchen (including drying the dishes!), bathed and dressed the boys, and sent me on a walk!

Visit from GranDee:
When Mrs. DeDe visits our home, my dishes always magically disappear before I can even make plans to start on them. I call her the "Dish Fairy". During her trip to Fort Worth, we enjoyed eating dinner with friends, going to church together, playing in the park, taking walks, and meeting Clay for lunch. Here are a few pictures from playing at the park:








1 comment:

Amanda said...

We loved hanging out with ya'll this weekend and look forward to seeing you again this summer! Can't wait for Luke to get here!