Thursday, June 12, 2008

No Progress

I went to the doctor on Tuesday and to our surprise (ha, ha) there was no progress towards Jude's arrival. We can only hope for next Tuesday's appointment to turn out differently!
I spent the week washing baby clothes and blankets and placing them in drawers. Now, we just need to pack our bags, load the carseat, and we're ready for a baby! I also painted the letters of the boys' names in light blue and tonight I'm going to paint shelves in dark blue to hang in their room. Clay says I'm nesting. Well, maybe that means Jude is on his way after all :)
Since this is "News About Noah" and I'm rambling about myself and Jude, let me give you an update on that wild man. Yesterday he managed to get into the super glue. Yes, super glue. He glued his hands and ate some of the contents. Don't worry. I called Poison Control and they suggested washing his hands with warm soapy water and giving him juice to drink. This is the 2nd time we've called because Noah has also "decorated" his room with Boudreaux's Butt Paste. Later in the afternoon yesterday he got into a bottle of lamp oil. Our entire house smells like a mixture of alcohol and cinnamon. I know you may think, "Where were you?", but this occurs in a matter of seconds while I do selfish things like cook supper and call to check on a friend who had a baby. I don't know what we're going to do with this kid who has apparently hit the "terrible 2's" a tad early.
On a positive note, Noah is saying a lot more words. He can repeat almost everything we say. He still isn't putting more than one word together at a time, but we're waiting for that day to come. As wild and crazy as he can be, he is such a joy. We really see some tenderness coming out in him. He enjoys praying before meals and says "Mamen" at the end. He rocks his stuffed animals and pretends to give them his sippy cup. He enjoys us reading to him before naps and bedtime. Every animal is still a dog, but we're working on that. All in all, I think he's ready to be the "Big Brother" in a few weeks!
(I'll update soon with some pictures and more tells of the Iles family :)

3 comments:

Jenny Frugé said...

Noah,

I love hearing of your adventures and I really enjoyed the super glue and Boudreaux's Butt Paste stories! You must keep your mommy and daddy on their toes!

By the by - I love the new template for your blog!

Hugs,
Jenny

Anonymous said...

Hi Noey,

Super Glue, indeed. Could have been much worse...in the nose! You are a creative little man. Perhaps a career in art or science?

Looking forward to seeing you soon.

Love,
Great Aunt Kay

Anonymous said...

Noah,
You really scare Grammie and I'm sure your mom and dad too with the superglue and other little poisons!! Please be careful honey. You are so wonderful to me!!

Love,
Grammie