Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Thanksgiving

Last Wednesday, November 26, we left early in the morning to travel to Houston. My dad agreed to pick us up to continue our journey to Louisiana. Clay decided to say in Fort Worth to study for finals and work and I'm still not brave enough to make it alone with the boys yet. We were going to meet in our usual half way spot in Rusk, TX which is about 3 hours for both of us. However, Clay's boss needed someone to go to Houston to pick up some parts. So we went to Houston instead. And Clay got paid instead of taking time off! And got gas money! Yea for God's wonderful provisions!

Here's Noah and Elmo on the way to Houston to meet Pops.
So, Clay dropped us off in Houston and we continued our travels to DeQuincy. On the way Pops treated us to a meal at Golden Corral. The boys traveled wonderfully. I was so proud of them.
Here's Grammie enjoying her 3 grandbabies once we made it to Louisiana.
(Please ignore the spit-up spewing from Jude's mouth :)
That night my mom made Chili Colorado which is a yummy family dish, and Crescent Roll/Cream Cheese dessert (does anyone know what it's actually called?). We enjoyed dinner together and then gave the babies a bath. Then came the fun. Mom and I enjoyed making corn casserole and the best stuffing ever together. Afterwards we had to have a little taste test to make sure the stuffing was just as yummy as the year before. It was.
On Thursday we enjoyed a Thanksgiving lunch with my Papa Mitchell's side of the family. Even though he is no longer living my Nana still continues the tradition of celebrating with this extended family. Sorry there are no pictures. We quickly ate lunch and then after a little outside play Noah had one of those major breakdowns and we had to escape to the house for much needed naps. We even missed family pictures! After putting Noah down I was able to go see KK's house and all the wonderful decorating she's done. When Noah woke up my mom and I brought him to PaPa and Dee's house to spend the night. (Pictures on next post.) We returned home, enjoyed Thanksgiving leftovers and had a fun game night of Wii bowling (pictures to come).
Early Friday morning (3:30 a.m.) my mom, sister, and I left to go shopping for Black Friday!! I didn't find that many great deals, but went instead just to be with the girls. Jude tagged along, but he did great. Carson joined us later for lunch and a little more shopping. Friday night Papa and Dee came over for dinner and to bring Noah home. I missed him so much!!
On Saturday we were so wiped out we just hung around the house. Noah and Carson played outside. For dinner we had spaghetti, green beans, and TX toast. My Aunt Tiger and cousin Michelle came over for a visit. We enjoyed seeing Michelle since she gave birth the next day to a baby girl! We ended the night with more Wii Bowling and S'mores by the fire.

Noah and Carson enjoy each other so much now. Here they are enjoying a cool afternoon of baseball and snacks.


Pops was really taken by Jude on this trip. Here they are laying in the floor together. How sweet!

Noah and Carson also like to watch Barney together. They are learning to sing the songs and do the motions. My favorite that Noah sings is "Itsy Bitsy Spider".
On Sunday we went to church and then mom, the boys and I packed up and headed out to meet Clay. I enjoyed being with my family, but was also so glad to see my honey! We'll be traveling back in just a couple of weeks for an extended Christmas stay.
Look for more posts as I chronicle Noah's stay at PaPa and Dee's house, our Wii Bowling Championship, and our Early Morning Shopping Trip.

No comments: